Academy of Transparency and Human Rights
The Academy of Transparency and Human Rights (ATHR) is established by the European Public Law Organization (EPLO) as an institution with scientific autonomy, governed by its Director and its Academic Board, as a recognition of the fact that good governance, as a basis of progress of modern society, needs to be based on transparency in public activity, as well as on the protection of human rights.
The Academy is under the Directorship of Dr. Ioannis Karkalis, Supreme Court Justice, and its Academic Board, composed by highly respected personalities with great experience in their field of action. In addition, an Honorary Board of personalities of unquestionable recognition in and by society acts as a permanent advisory committee on issues where consultation is needed.The Academy observes the principle of academic freedom and meets the highest academic and professional standards.
The Academy of Transparency and Human Rights develops mainly tailor-made training programs which cover a number of highly debated topics, such as: transparency in the public sector, protection of human rights, anticorruption tools and good governance.
The format of the Academy allows flexibility and adaptation to the needs of each specific audience, as it can:
- Adjust its curriculum to academics, practitioners, judges or students of different academic fields;
- Deliver courses in a variety of languages;
- Be offered in a number of countries around the globe;
- Select experts from its own pool on various disciplines.
We hope that you enjoy browsing our website and activities at http://athr.eplo.eu/index.php and would love to see you in one of our future courses for an unforgettable academic experience.
- Academy of European Public Law
- Academy of Transparency and Human Rights
- Institute for Justice and Growth
- European Law & Governance School
- European Institute of Management and Governance
- Training Institute for Law & Governance
- Institute for Humanities and Culture - Nicos Svoronos
- Institute for the Mediterranean
- Brcko National School of Public Administration (BNSPA)