Global Law and Governance Summer School is a pioneering initiative of the European Public Law Organization (EPLO), that has been developed at the initiative of Professor Ioannis Lianos (UCL) and Dr. George Dimitropoulos (HBKU Law). The program is hosted by the sea next to the Poseidon temple at Sounion, a suburb of Athens, Greece.This year the School will take place from the 24th to the 28th of July, 2017.
Global Law and Governance Summer School offers an intensive full week summer program on July every year, with courses and study sessions, all of them taught in the English language from a leading faculty from prestigious Universities around the world, with a completely interdisciplinary approach to law and policy. This is not a traditional summer school with introductory courses in different areas of law or social science. Instead, it operates as a research-led teaching Academy, providing professors the opportunity to share their most recent research with a select group of students, through lectures, seminars and mini-colloquia. Students have access to a variety of seminars providing cutting-edge analysis on hot topics in global law and governance.
- Nikolaos Farantouris & Athanasios Dagoumas, University of Piraeus, "Law, Economics and Politics of Energy"
- David Singh Grewal, Yale Law School, "Law, Technology, and Liberty”
- Ioannis Lianos, University College London, Georgios Dimitropoulos, HBKU Law, Alexios Arvanitis, University of Crete & Sotiris Georganas, City University London, "Human Behavior, Public Policy and the Law”
- Deni Mantzari, Reading Law School, "Beyond Neoclassical Economics: Financial Regulation as a Decision Making Laboratory"
- Damilola S. Olawuyi, HBKU Law, "Business and Human Rights in the Global Economy"
- Nicolas Petit, University of Liege, Law and Regulation of Artificial Intelligence : Conceptual Framework and Practical Applications
Students will attend during their program a one-Day Conference on "Artificial cosmoi and the law"
Organized by the University College London (UCL), the Institute of Studies in Competition Law and Policy (IMEDIPA) and the European Public Law Organization (EPLO) in Athens on Thursday, July 28th, 2017.
The Director of the GLG Summer School is Professor Ioannis Lianos and the Deputy Director is Dr. Giorgios Dimitropoulos. The professors that support the program through teaching originate from prestigious institutions from throughout the world.
Students will be awarded the Certificate of Attendance, provided that they fully attend and actively participate in classes, as well as complete all assignments. ECTS Diploma Supplements are also available upon request.
Who is eligible for the GLG Summer School?
The GLG Summer School is primarily addressed to graduate students, but also to excellent undergraduate students from all fields of social sciences such as law, politics, economics, sociology, history, philosophy and international relations, as well as to trainee lawyers, lawyers and officials of international organizations and domestic administrations who might have no background in interdisciplinarity and seek ways to continue their education. The participants will attend classes in the various fields conducted by eminent professors from prestigious Universities from all over the world. All the courses will be seminar-like classes and colloquia, and the active class-participation will be encouraged.
Application Deadline: June 30, 2017
Early Bird Applications receive a -20%. The deadline is April 28, 2017.
Engage with Top Level Research in the English Language- Gain Career Advice and Network with Leaders in their Field- Study at a Serene Location on the Greek Riviera
- Institute for Humanities and Culture - Nicos Svoronos
- ELGS Degrees
- Academy of European Public Law
- Academy of Transparency and Human Rights
- Cambridge Campus Programs
- Global Law & Governance Summer School
- Internship Program
- Distance Learning Program for Greek Civil Servants
- Preparatory Program for the National School of Judges
- Seminar on Islamic Law
- EKEME / Post Doc Research Program
List of projects
- Technical Cooperation
|location/region||Project Title||Type / Category||year|